Thursday, December 23, 2021

A crackpot's counter-statement

Some physicists have labeled me as a crack pot when considering my works on the new theoretical framework of mirror matter theory. However, I disagree in the spirit of scientific principles. With three papers published in esteemed journals, seven invited seminars by unrelated people (or more than 10 in total), and grant-seeking in collaboration with several different groups, I don’t think that it is fair to categorize my work on this topic as crackpottery. It is not, especially when considering the unique concrete predictions from my new model that can be readily tested in the laboratory using existing technologies.

PUBLICATIONS and CITATIONS

The two papers that have been moved into the gen-ph catetory by arXiv (as some called crackpot category) after publication:

https://arxiv.org/abs/1902.01837 , published in Phys. Lett. B 797, 134921 (2019)

https://arxiv.org/abs/1904.03835 , published in Phys. Rev. D 100, 063537 (2019).

Another paper that was denied by arXiv earned Honorable Mention from the Gravity Research Foundation 2021 Essay Competition and just published in Int. J. Mod. Phys. D 30, 2142020 (2021). Ironically, at least 13 other papers submitted for the same competition were accepted by arXiv but earned nothing in the competition. I am clearly blacklisted by arXiv and feeling a strong prejudice against me in some unhealthy community.

In about two years, my PLB paper received the following 3 citations as far as I know,

Wei, J. Phy. G 2020; Fornal & Grinstein Mod. Phys. Lett. A 2020; Wilson et al, Phy. Rev. Res. 2020.

I don’t feel too bad about it considering Steven Weinberg’s most famous Standard Model paper received only one citation in first two years after publication.

My other arXiv paper (unpublished, https://arxiv.org/abs/1906.10262) have received 10 more independent citations as can be seen in https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2019arXiv190610262T/citations.

INVITED TALKS

Listed below are seven invited talks by groups and people to whom I had no connection at all before. I really appreciate these brave souls who dared to invite me for the following talks.

1. P/T colloquium at LANL, May 27, 2021

2. annual LANL UCN Beta Decay Collaboration Meeting, Nov. 25, 2020

3. seminar for BESIII collaboration, Mar. 10, 2020

4. seminar at Institut Laue Langevin (ILL), Genoble, France, Jan. 23, 2020

5. seminar at CSNSM, Univ. Paris-Sud, Orsay, France, Jan. 22, 2020

6. seminar at Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, Nov. 1, 2019

7. theory seminar for Laval University, Canada, Oct. 21, 2019

GRANT-APPLICATION

Grant-seeking efforts have been done in collaboration with various groups in the past two years, which include NIST, North Carolina State University, Michigan State University, University of Colorado-Denver, LANL, ILL-France, etc. I don’t think these many credible physicists will collaborate with me if they think I am a crackpot. Unfortunately, I have not got any sizable financial support for my studies on this topic despite these efforts. I guess ill-advised funding agencies do not really know the true meaning of high-risk / high-reward, at least not yet.

People can disagree or doubt any new ideas. But they (at least those in power or sitting at the tip of the academic pyramid) should remove their prejudice glasses and give new ideas at least a chance to survive. Even without the above-mentioned credentials, I can’t think of any open-minded scientists would easily discount new ideas with such an arrogant contempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Human rights of persons of Chinese origin in US

 I have always admired  great efforts by S. B. Woo, president of 80-20 Educational Foundation (https://www.80-20ef.org/), who has been stand...